Hospital call center software is an often overlooked but extremely valuable part of the hospital ecosystem, connecting physicians, nurses, administrators and patients. Sometimes, it can take up to 10 tools to resolve a single query and still there’s no insight into whether a message has been received or read. It’s no wonder that call center teams get frustrated. Message auditing is crucial to better manage resources and the entire care process and there is significant opportunity for secure medical communications to be improved through a single, integrated platform.
Let’s have a look at the top 3 issues with today’s hospital call center software:
- Legacy call center technology - Many hospitals have legacy CTI-based hospital call center software, which doesn’t properly integrate with their directory, scheduling solutions, patient records and texting solution. As a result, hospital call center staff have to log into multiple systems to resolve queries and connect people. This creates a lot of inefficiencies and workarounds in healthcare communication, not to mention significant IT costs for any overlapping services coming into the hospital as the result of acquisitions, mergers and departmental software preferences.
- Message reliability - Call center operators and the care team lack the tools to know if a message has been sent, received or read, leading to delays in care and potential oversights. Support for two-way communication via secure text or voice with automated escalations helps ensure every message is attended to, with analytics to provide valuable insight on call types and message flow to help improve resource management.
- Clinicians are hard to track down - Operators need to be able to service inbound patient and clinician calls without having to look up on-call schedules and location-specific contact information for clinicians, who may be at a specific hospital, outpatient clinic or other patient facility.
The key to improving communication in hospitals is to remove these technology silos and connect all communication channels. That’s what we do.
Telmediq is the first company to include hospital call center software capability with a unified communications platform in healthcare using a cloud delivery model. Historically, on premise hospital call center software hasn't integrated well with third-party paging or texting solutions, but Telmediq unifies communication in a single platform. Telmediq’s integrated hospital call center console ensures that outgoing messages contain all the important patient information, urgency and call-back details to improve the entire communication process.
Call center staff can access everything they need from one easy-to-use console, removing system inefficiencies and making their jobs easier. The new hospital call center console also enables hospitals to easily record operators and produce detailed reporting to promote higher levels of call service. Real time analytics are built into the system to measure call types and message flow to better deploy staffing resources over time.
Connect with one of our Clinical Communications Specialists to learn how to:
- Send reliable text and voice messages to physicians and the care team with sent, received and read notifications from your call center console
- Provide call center operators a unified directory and on call schedules within their console, removing the need to refer to paper based systems
- Ensure valuable call center recordings and analytics can be used for training and resource management.
We look forward to hearing from you. Connect with us here.