Nurses are at the centre of effective healthcare communication and require technologies to support this. Healthcare facilities are often stuck with legacy technology for budgetary & integration reasons, like pagers, DETC phones and wearable badges, that don’t provide the level of communication needed. Arming nurses with the right communication tools is essential for effective patient care.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Available technology for cost conscious administrators
- Integration considerations for effective nurse communication
- How technology can remain HIPAA compliant and provide an effective audit trail
Modern technology puts nurses and patient care at the forefront by offering:
- Visibility into a patient’s care team and their EMR including lab results;
- Essential features like patient alerts, alarms and bed calls;
- Real time text and voice communication with physicians with automated escalations so that nurses’ valuable time isn’t spent tracking people down;
- The ability to call into a patient room to address a patient issue without having to walk a long distance.
It’s important for nurses to spend their time caring for patients and today’s technology can remove manual labor intensive tasks to help support this.